Interesting facts/stories about roulette

The history of the roulette goes back to over 400 years and it is not surprising that some interesting stories and facts about gambling have formed during this time. Although the rules and strategies have been transmitted to this day, they have still been severely refined. The facts and stories may not have been completely correctly transmitted by one narrator for the next, but they are still in raw form. This makes them particularly worth reading and interesting – this is the only way to fully understand the attraction behind roulette and play the game as you did before.

What does the name roulette mean and where does it come from?

Roulette is one of the best -known gambling today, but what does the term roulette mean at all and where does it come from? Roulette is a term on French and means something like cogs. Even if the origin of the game probably goes back to another country, Roulette came to his great popularity in France and conquered all of Europe from there. In the course of the 18th century, the game of chance came to France, where Louis XV. tried in vain. It was Napoleon Bonaparte who allowed gambling in the playhouses of the Paris Palais again in 1806.

In the casinos of Baden-Baden, Bad Homburg and Wiesbaden, the potential of gambling, which was previously only played in France, was recognized and introduced it. The new gambling was a crowd puller and the roulette achieved an enormous level of awareness. Today the term online Roulette used to distinguish between games in land -based casinos and digital tables in online casinos.

The original roulette had two Zeros

As can be seen from some transmission of history, Roulette was initially a game that was simply played between two friends. It was not a question of doing the game commercially and so there was no zero in the game at the beginning, which was not one of the simple opportunities. With the introduction of the game in casinos and playhouses, however, a change had to be made on the game. After all, the bank has to earn a little money to host roulette. This was achieved by introducing two zeros or ceroses. These numbers were not part of the simple chances and reduced the 50:50 chances of the players and made a house advantage. The casino usually always gains.

In order to stand out from other casinos and to attract as many new players as possible, some casinos painted a zero, which sank the house advantage and the simple chances were closer to 50:50. This worked very well in that time and casinos with roulette kettles with two zeros were quickly visited less well. They had no choice but to pull with them and also use only one zero. In Europe, this way of playing has prevailed, only when it comes to the “big pond” will American roulette meet two Zeros.

Flat Betting is better than systems or strategies

Flat Betting is not one of the strategies that can be under names like Martingale or To talk knows. With the flat betting, the use is not increased from profit to profit or loss to loss, the same use is constantly placed on the same fields on the tableau. At first glance, this may be a little boring, but is enormously capable of capital. Progressive strategies or systems, on the other hand, are significantly more risky and in the long run bring a greater loss. Let’s take a look at the probability calculation. Let us assume that 1 euro is set to red in every round. At European Roulette there are 37 fields in the boiler, of which 18 fields lead to profit. The chance is 48.65 percent. The chance for a loss is 51.35 percent, which is made up of 48.65 percent for black and 2.7 percent for zero.

Now we assume that 100,000 rounds of 1 euro are played on red. After the chances, 48,650 $ will be won and 51,350 $ will be lost. The bottom line is that this leads to a minus of just 2,700 $ , which of course are painful, but are rather low at 100,000 $ .

What is the name of the marker to mark profits?

In casinos there are different types of marking a profit. With French or European roulette, it is common for the croupier to say the number determined by the ball loudly and point to the winning number with the rake, the so -called rateau. This rake is then also used to move in the lost betting operations for the time being and then pay the winning missions.

With American roulette, it is common for the croupier to put a metal figure on the winning field. This metal figure wears the nickname Dolly, but is now also used less frequently than before.

Why is roulette called “The Devils Game”?

Roulette bears roulette around the world, but some nicknames are also common. In the USA in particular, roulette is often called “The Devils Game”. The origin of this name is as simple as banal. If you add up all the numbers of a roulette kettle, you come to 666, the number of the devil. For this reason, it used to be said that you hit the devil when you hit the right number. Due to the story of the devil number, some experts also assume that roulette has a religious origin and was invented by priests from the Far East.

What material does the roulette ball consist of?

The roulette ball used to consist of an extremely valuable material, the ivory. It is the fabric that is obtained from horns and the tusks of different animals – above all, the elephant goes. In the meantime, however, it is largely forbidden to produce roulette balls from the fabric and so most balls are made of plastic and in rare cases of ceramic. Since the ceramic balls make more noise, they are then used if only on special occasions.

Ashley Revell – the most risky player in the world

Ashley Revell did an interesting experiment. He is called a professional player on some pages on the Internet, but he was certainly not. The Revell, born in 1972, was almost a little crazy. At that time he sold everything that was in his possession – even his clothes. In the end he had $ 135,300 and went to the Plaza Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. He put all of his belongings on red and won. The red 7 fell and the doubled his savings to $ 270,600. He still gave $ 600 to the croupier, said “Thank you” and left the casino. Many spectators had been waiting for him to place a bet again. But he took the money and founded his own poker company. The event was filmed and recorded by Sky One at the time.

Everything or nothing: the craziest roulette bet ever

frequently asked Questions

Do you have all the information worth knowing about roulette game or are still a few points unclear? Then you should definitely take a look at my FAQ area. Here I answer the questions that have reached me most frequently from you. Enjoy browsing!

Where does the roulette come from?

Roulette is one of the most popular games in the best online casinos. Hardly any player wants to do without the boiler game, which has its origin in USA of the 17th century. Inspiration was found in the Fortuna bike. Then it came to France. the Origin of Roulette is rather unclear.

How many roulette numbers are there?

The number of numbers depends on the different Roulette variantthat are available to you. There are only 13 numbers in the Mini Roulette, but even 37 with the Multi Wheel Roulette. In the online gaming area there are a variety of manufacturers that offer you different versions. Therefore, you should always find out about the game beforehand.

Who invented roulette?

die Stories desugttes It’s pretty opaque and who really invented the game is just as unclear. The mathematician Blaise Pascal is incorrectly given as inventor. But in his Histoire de la Roulette and Suite de l’Histoire de la Roulette it is not about the boiler game, but is about the cyclical curve.

Where was the roulette invented?

die Origin of the roulette game To date is a little riddle. Many combine the boiler game due to the name with France. But I can assure you that the origin lies elsewhere. However, it is very likely that roulette has been invented in USA.

Is the number zero or odd?

In the past you had to get over the Roulette Zero Don’t worry, because it didn’t exist, only after the game came to the casino did an innovation needed to make the boiler game even more interesting. The zero itself is neither just nor odd.